BS Accounting & Finance
- BS Accounting and Finance is a 4-year degree program that provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to pursue careers in accounting, finance, banking, and related fields. The program covers areas such as financial accounting, managerial accounting, corporate finance, investment analysis, audit, and Information Technology. Students may be eligible for exemptions from certain exams by aligning the course content with professional bodies such as ACCA, CA ICAP, and ACA
Principles of Management
Fundamentals of Information Systems
Principles of Marketing
Advanced Financial Accounting
Advanced Financial Management
BSA&F degee program usually requires around 130-136 credit hours.
A 4-year BS degree program typically consists of 8 semesters (2 semesters per year).
- The basic eligibility for admission to a BBA is a Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or equivalent qualification with at least 45% marks.
- Achieved a minimum score of 45% in the aforementioned qualifications.
- Application Deadline: The deadline for submitting applications is August 28, 2023.
- Admission Decisions: Admission decisions will be communicated by August 30, 2023.
- Deadline for Acceptance of Offer: The deadline for accepting the admission offer is September 05, 2023.
- Orientation Week: The orientation week will start from September 26, 2023.
- Classes Begin: Classes for the Bachelor program will begin on September 28, 2023.
Graduates of the program can pursue various career paths, including:
- Chartered Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Tax Consultant
- Financial Planner
- What is a BS Accountancy and Finance program? A BS Accountancy and Finance program is an undergraduate degree that focuses on teaching students about financial management, accounting principles, business analysis, and economic concepts.
- What are the admission requirements for the program? Admission requirements can vary, but generally, they include a high school diploma or equivalent with specified grades in relevant subjects.
- What subjects will I study in this program? The program typically covers subjects like financial accounting, managerial accounting, financial management, taxation, auditing, economics, and business ethics.
- What are the career prospects for BS Accountancy and Finance graduates? Graduates can pursue careers as accountants, financial analysts, auditors, tax consultants, financial managers, and more in various industries.
- Do I need to have prior knowledge of finance or accounting? No prior knowledge is necessary, but having a basic understanding of business and economics concepts can be beneficial.
- Is there a demand for professionals in accountancy and finance? Yes, there is a continuous demand for skilled professionals in the fields of accounting and finance across various industries.
- Can I specialize in a specific area of accountancy and finance? Some programs offer specializations, such as corporate finance, financial analysis, taxation, or audit, allowing you to focus on a particular aspect of the field.
- What kind of skills will I develop in this program? You'll develop skills in financial analysis, accounting principles, budgeting, business strategy, risk management, and communication.
- Are there internship or co-op opportunities in this program? Many programs offer opportunities for internships or cooperative education (co-op) programs, allowing you to gain practical experience in real-world finance and accounting settings.
- Can I pursue further education after completing a BS Accountancy and Finance degree? Yes, you can pursue further education such as a master's degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or related fields.
- What is the balance between theory and practical application in the program? The program often includes a mix of theoretical coursework and practical exercises, including case studies, projects, and real-world scenarios.
- What kind of projects or assignments will I work on? You might work on projects related to financial analysis, budgeting, creating financial reports, tax planning, and more.
Can I work while pursuing this degree? Depending on the workload and your time management skills, you might be able to work part-time or as an intern in the finance or accounting industry.
Applying to university is both exciting and daunting. We are here to help.
Email us at email@example.com
We offer numerous options for financial assistance and actively seek out need-based talented students locally and internationally. 1 in 3 of our students receive financial support annually. Explore our various opportunities for scholarships.
Frequently Asked Question
Read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for all the important information you need to know before applying to BRAINS. We are here to help you!