BS Computer Science
- To provide students with a comprehensive understanding of computer science principles, theories, and practices.
- To foster critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills among students.
- To cultivate an awareness of ethical and professional responsibilities in the realm of computer science.
- To equip students with the ability to apply their computer science knowledge to real-world problems and devise innovative solutions.
- To promote effective communication and teamwork skills in students.
- To encourage research endeavors and support the pursuit of higher studies in the field of computer science.
- Introduction to Computing
- Programming Fundamentals
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Data Structures
- Database Systems
- Operating Systems
- Computer Networks
- Software Engineering
- Theory of Automata
- Computer Architecture
- Web Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence
- Elective courses :
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Cloud Computing
- Game Development
- Mobile Application Development
A typical BS degee program usually requires around 120-130 credit hours.
A 4-year BS degree program typically consists of 8 semesters (2 semesters per year).
- Completed Intermediate/12 years of schooling/A-Level or equivalent, with Mathematics as a subject.
- Achieved a minimum score of 50% in the aforementioned qualifications.
- An equivalency certificate from IBCC, if the education was completed in a foreign country or under a different system.
- Applicants must have completed Intermediate/12 years of schooling/A-Level or equivalent, with Mathematics as a subject.
- Students who have not studied Mathematics at the intermediate level are required to pass deficiency courses in Mathematics (06 credits) within the first two semesters.
- Application Deadline: The deadline for submitting applications is August 28, 2023.
- Admission Decisions: Admission decisions will be communicated by August 30, 2023.
- Deadline for Acceptance of Offer: The deadline for accepting the admission offer is September 05, 2023.
- Orientation Week: The orientation week will start from September 26, 2023.
- Classes Begin: Classes for the BS program will begin on September 28, 2023.
The Bachelor of Science (BS) program in Computer Science and Software Engineering at BRAINS equips students with the skills and knowledge necessary for a diverse array of careers in the computer science realm. This includes roles in Software Development, Data Science, Cybersecurity, Network Administration, Database Administration, as well as opportunities in Research, Teaching, and Entrepreneurship
- What is a BS Computer Science program? A BS Computer Science program is an undergraduate degree that focuses on teaching students about computer systems, programming languages, algorithms, and software development.
- What are the admission requirements for the program? Admission requirements can vary, but generally, they include a high school diploma or equivalent with specified grades in relevant subjects.
- What subjects will I study in this program? The program typically covers subjects like programming, data structures, algorithms, computer architecture, software engineering, and databases.
- What are the career prospects for BS Computer Science graduates? Graduates can pursue careers as software developers, systems analysts, data scientists, web developers, and more in various industries.
- Do I need to have prior coding experience? No prior experience is necessary, but having a basic understanding of coding concepts can be beneficial.
- Is there a demand for computer science professionals? Yes, there is a growing demand for skilled computer science professionals in industries such as technology, finance, healthcare, and more.
- Can I specialize in a specific area of computer science? Some programs offer specializations, such as artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, data science, or software engineering, allowing you to focus on a particular field.
- Is there a practical component to the program? Yes, many programs include hands-on projects, coding assignments, and group projects to give you practical experience in software development.
- Can I continue my education after completing a BS Computer Science? Yes, you can pursue further education such as a master's degree in computer science or related fields.
- What kind of projects will I work on? You might work on projects like developing software applications, creating algorithms, designing websites, and potentially collaborating on larger systems.
- What skills will I gain from this program? You'll gain skills in programming, problem-solving, algorithm design, critical thinking, and teamwork.
- Can I work while pursuing this degree? Depending on the workload and your time management skills, you might be able to work part-time or as an intern.
- What opportunities are available for internships or co-op programs? Many programs offer opportunities for internships or cooperative education (co-op) programs, allowing you to gain practical experience in real-world settings.
Applying to university is both exciting and daunting. We are here to help.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer numerous options for financial assistance and actively seek out need-based talented students locally and internationally. 1 in 3 of our students receive financial support annually. Explore our various opportunities for scholarships.
Frequently Asked Question
Read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for all the important information you need to know before applying to BRAINS. We are here to help you!